Friday, February 27, 2009

Blue Jays 6- Tigers 4

To answer Ian's question, I am a glass half empty guy about Dontrelle Willis. I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that Dontrelle is capable of Major League pitching anymore. For that matter Fernando Rodney's line didn't really impress me much either.

Willis pitched to 9 batters in 1 inning (plus four batters) and gave up 3 hits, 1 walk and 4 runs (2 earned) this afternoon. He picked up the "L" for his efforts. Apparently he threw 25 of his 43 pitches for strikes.

Rodney came in and gave up 2 hits, 2 walks and 1 run (HR).

So, we have had 2 well pitched games this spring and one flashback from 2008 with Willis and Rodney in starring roles. I pray to a loving God that Willis does not go "north" with the Tigers in April. I honestly don't know what to do with him (and his contract) but he showed today that he doesn't belong the roster.

No comments: