Friday, February 27, 2009

Spring Training part deux

Tigers 1, Nationals 2

I'm hoping that this is one of those games. You know, the ones that you chalk up to "one of those days" where your realize that the best of teams lose 3 games out of 10 (the very best of teams).

But the Tigers were held to 2 hits today (Everett and Thomas) and one run today. The Nationals earned two runs (both by Orr) on 4 hits.

I'm hoping that this will be an exception. Both teams walked 4 batters. I didn't get to follow the game at all, so all I have is the box score. Jackson struck out 3 and walked 1 with 0 hits in 2 innings. I like that. Robertson had 2 hit, 1 earned run and 1 walk in 2 innings pitched. Not bad, but not great. Porcello had almost the same line, except 0 walks with 2 K's and 1 earned run in 1 inning. Zumaya had only 1 walk on his line, but he hit the first batter he faced before he calmed down. Rapada and McBride each pitched a good inning.

This game wasn't bad. Losing 2 to 1 is hardly a reason to panic. It really isn't a reason to be concerned. I do wonder what happened to the bats, but the pitching was okay. So I'll just chalk this one up.

Friday is against the Blue Jays. Galarraga gets the start. Willis pitches next.

No comments: